Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Nothing Like a Fresh Jar of Peanut Butter


So there's nothing quite like opening a fresh jar of creamy, smooth, delicious peanut butter...

I was making my typical PB&J sandwich this morning when it dawned on me...I got to open a new jar of peanut butter! My day just improved a thousand fold! Unlike scraping the bottom of an old, well-used, flavor-deprived jar of peanut butter, I got to spread a brand new, never before jammed jar of peanut butter.

Before I use the word "peanut butter" again (That's the last time for now, I swear), I'd like to draw some similarities to how life works. Even though realistically my sandwich flavor factor would not increase by much because I used a new jar of the same old stuff, it is the very fact that it was a brand new, untouched jar that made my day that much better. 

What is it then that you can find to make your day fresh? Full of flavor? New and creamy?

I think the best part about starting something anew is the mere fact that it's fresh. It's something with endless possibility, untainted by days and days of grinding and using over and over again. The thought of beginning writing or reading a new book for that matter is the idea of endless possibilities. A new pay day comes and signals a fresh start, even though the paycheck is already pretty much used up. 

So the bottom line, and what I am going to incorporate into another busy day of doing root canals, the challenge for the day is to find your fresh jar of peanut butter. What is it that is going to make your day fresh? Is it that soda you've been thinking about? Is it something grander, like a new car? Or some other new toy? Or is it something much more sentimental? Like that phone call you've been meaning to make? Or that blog post you've been meaning to jot down? 

Whatever it is...find it and open it today, and then the most important thing. MAKE USE OF IT TODAY!

See...I didn't say peanut butter again...except for this sentence. Peanut butter, peanut butter, peanut butter, peanut butter. There...it's out of the system. Sorry if you're allergic to peanuts.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment